During the cold weather, it can be hard to let go of the sunnier days. So why not embrace the summer craving by baking? Something with a citrus twist should do the trick! This lemon pie is quick and easy to make, and you can even serve it cold! Take it from us; this pie will make you feel like its summer all over again.
For the crust:
- 1 ½ c. crushed graham crackers
- 6 tbs butter
- 1/3 c. sugar
For the pie filling:
- 3 c. condensed milk
- 3 egg yolks
- 2/3 c. lemon juice
- A pinch of salt
Here’s what you will do:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt the butter. Combine graham crackers, sugar and melted butter. Once it is mixed, press it into a nonstick pie tin to form the crust.
- Combine the condensed milk, egg yolks, lemon juice and salt. Pour into the pie tin and bake for 10 minutes.
- Put in the over for about an hour to set. Best served cold, no matter the temperature outdoors!