The ice maker in the refrigerator and larger standalone ice machines develop maintenance problems from time to time. When the ice stops coming, you can rely on Mr. Appliance® to provide ice maker repair service that’s fast and effective long term. You’ll be dropping ice cubes into your drinks again very soon!
To get started with top-notch ice maker service, schedule an appointment in your neighbourhood today.
More About Our Ice Maker Repair Services
Our experts go way beyond simple fridge ice maker repairs. We’re familiar with every type of ice maker, every major brand, and practically any issue—from internal electrical issues to faulty water valves.
- Freezer/refrigerator ice maker repair
- Portable ice maker repair
- Built-in or freestanding ice machine repair—residential or commercial
After carefully troubleshooting your ice maker, we’ll provide you with a fair, upfront price for the repair and talk through the details with you. Then we’ll source high-quality parts and quickly complete the job.
Ice Maker Brands We Commonly Service
- And more!
Parts for Ice Makers
Your local Mr. Appliance will replace any part of your ice maker:
- Control modules
- Water filtration systems
Expert Ice Maker Troubleshooting
These are some of the common issues we address with our ice maker repair services:
- Incoming water pressure is low. Water pressure lower than 20 psi restricts water supply to your ice maker. It may be an appliance problem or a plumbing system problem, which Mr. Appliance will happily determine for you.
- The freezer/fridge won’t stop making ice. If this is happening, you likely have a faulty ice level control board. Our team can let you know if a repair or full replacement is the most cost-effective choice.
- The ice cubes are small or oddly shaped. This may be caused by low water pressure, a clogged water line, or supply line issues—all of which contribute to a frozen evaporator and oddly formed ice cubes.
- No ice cubes (or only a few) are being made. This may be caused by water line problems, a failed control board, a malfunctioning door switch, a faulty thermostat, or a clogged filter.
- There’s water leaking in/from the ice maker. A leaky inlet valve or a worn-out water line may be at fault, but there may be other underlying problems as well.
Each of these ice maker problems has several potential causes, so the most efficient way to diagnose and fix the appliance is to reach out to your local Mr. Appliance. We’ve been a well-known appliance repair expert for more than two decades, and we’re all about providing the best support possible.
Schedule Ice Maker Repair Near Me
To get help with your ice maker, call Mr. Appliance or schedule service online today. From the minute our expert technicians step foot in your kitchen, they’ll treat you and your appliance with care.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to repair ice maker water line:
Locate the water supply line (from the home faucet) and inspect it for visible damage, like cracks. While some might try to tape over holes or cracks, this isn’t recommended; replacing the line is the best fix.
How to reset an ice maker:
If ice is not coming from your ice maker, it may need a reset. Start by pressing down firmly on the metal feeler arm (if one is present) that turns the unit on and off. If this doesn’t resolve anything, look for a Reset button on your ice maker and hold it down for at least 10 seconds. Finally, you can try a classic move loved by both IT professionals and appliance experts—unplug the appliance and plug it back in.
Beyond your appliances, it’s great to have go-to experts to keep your home maintained and updated. For example, these other Neighbourly® experts are ready to help:
- What goes with ice? A clean home ready for entertaining with a few cold drinks! Your local Molly Maid® offers incredible house cleaning services.
- Experiencing a plumbing problem? Rooter® Plumbing can solve it with their plumbing repair and maintenance expertise.
- If you’ve been dreaming of glass-front kitchen cabinets, Glass Doctor® is the right team to accomplish it for you.