Frequently Asked Questions
Is It Bad to Use Softener Sheets?
- They won't cause any damage to your dryer, but they can lead to clogged lint filters or coating of your moisture sensor. If you use them, be sure to clean the screen of your lint filter and wipe off your sensor.
What Is the Average Amount of Time It Takes for a Load of Clothes to Dry?
- On average, a large load of clothes should only take around 45 minutes to dry. If you are noticing that your clothes are averaging more than 1 hour to dry, you might want to have your dryer vents checked.
What Makes My Oven Smell So Bad When It Is Cleaning Itself?
- The smell is caused by the grease and food your oven is burning off. When possible, it is a good idea to create additional ventilation in the kitchen when cleaning your oven, perhaps by opening windows.
Why Does My Gas Oven Glow Like It Is Hot Even When It Is Not Heating?
- The glow is caused by a "glow-bar" igniter used to ignite the gas in your oven. It glows as it is heating up, but unless it reaches the correct temperature, the gas valve will not open and gas will not ignite-and your oven will not heat up. If your igniter is not heating up properly, you may need to replace it.
Why Do I Have Suds Left Over in My Washer?
- It is very possible that you are using more detergent than is necessary for the load size you are washing. Double check the detergent instructions to ensure you are using the correct amount. If you want to remove the necessity for laundry detergent, call and schedule a pureWash ® system installation.
Why Would My Washer Be Using Cool Water During The Warm Cycle?
- Your washer is actually combining hot and cold water to create the warm water and during certain times of the year cold water gets colder. So, during the colder months, you can expect your warm cycle to run cooler. You might also want to check to see if there is anything blocking the hot water.
Can I Put My Refrigerator All The Way Up Against The Wall?
- Yes, you can, as long as there is not a metal grid on the back of it. If there is, you should make sure you leave 1" of space between the unit and the wall.
I Need to Get Rid of an Old Refrigerator / Freezer. What Can I Do?
- The best option is to take it to your local landfill. However, the law does require that you have the refrigerant evacuated first. Your local appliance repair company should be able to do that for you.
Will I Damage a Refrigerator or Freezer If I Store It in the Garage?
- Only if it is a self-defrosting refrigerator and the temperature in your garage drops below 50 degrees Fahrenheit. Then, it is possible that the oil could thicken and cause premature compression failure.
Should I Repair or Replace My Existing Appliance?
- If you are comparing having your existing machine repaired or replacing it with a machine that is comparable in price with what you paid for your machine 10 or so years ago, you will not be making a valid comparison. The equipment is neither similar in quality nor durability for the same price. If you were to merely replace your existing household appliance with one that costs about what you paid a decade ago, you'll be repairing or junking the new machine every three to four years. You'll either have to pay more up front for a new, high-quality machine that will give you another 10 years of trouble-free operation or you pay less up front for a low-end machine and then pay-as-you-go for repairs.
Is Repairing or Servicing an Old Appliance Really a Good Investment?
- When asking "How much is a new one?" you need to consider both the quality of appliance you can afford as a replacement and the option of having your existing appliance properly repaired by a competent professional. We can diagnose and evaluate your appliance to determine if it's in your best interest to repair or replace it and make a recommendation accordingly. Also, another cost associated with buying a new appliance is the "aggra-dollars." That is, the aggravation and time spent that goes along with shopping for a new appliance: having it delivered, getting it installed and disposing of your old one. If you've experienced this joy recently, you'll realize that the aggra-dollar factor can be costly.
What Is the Most Common Problem?
- Believe it or not, an appliance can be bumped or "hum" unplugged. We find this to be a common issue.
What Does Mr. Appliance Do?
- Mr. Appliance repairs and services all major household appliances...regardless of brand.