What a better way to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day than by baking some minty chocolate chip cookies! This easy recipe yields about 3-dozen cookies and is perfect for any celebration this St. Patrick’s Day.
What you will need:
- 2 ½ cups of flour
- ½ tsp. of baking soda
- ¼ tsp. of salt
- 1 ½ cups of sugar
- 2 sticks of unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. of peppermint extract
- 15-17 drops of green food coloring
- 1 cup of crushed Andes mints
- ½ cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
What you will do:
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Mix together flour, baking soda and salt in a medium sized bowl.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine sugar and butter until creamy. Then, add eggs, peppermint extract and food coloring.
- Combine the creamy mixture with the flour mixture. Add in the Andes mints and chocolate chips.
- Use a tablespoon to measure out each cookie and place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 18 minutes and enjoy!